So the Syrian government is winning the civil war on all fronts and the United States decided to pull out. What is the obvious thing for Assad to do next? Well obviously it's to gas children.
Indeed, to think Assad would do this is not to think he's evil. It's to think he bathes in his own feces. Tucker Carlson cuts threw the fog here about as well as I've seen anyone do it:
Also important to remember:
- According to The New York Times, the rebels have used chemical weapons at least 52 times.
- Secretary of Defense James Mattis admits there is "no evidence" Assad was behind chemical weapons attack in 2017.
- Legendary journalist Seymour Hersh shows the rebels were also probably behind the 2013 chemical weapons attack in Ghouta.
- A 2015 study from the Centre on Religion and Geopolitics found that "Some 60% of Syria's major rebel groups are Islamist extremists" More than half sympathize with ISIS, you know the guys who crucify Christians, chop the heads off apostates and Shia "heretics," keep sex slaves and throw homosexuals off roofs... those guys.
- And remember, that was three years ago. The rebels have been losing since then and who stays on a losing side, the moderates or the fanatics? Also, Islamist extremists are ridiculously extreme. Are the other 40% really "moderate?" And finally, some of those non-extremists are the Kurds, who basically want to set up a Marxist ethnostate. And the PKK, which is a Marxist terrorist group, is fighting in Syria too. I.e. another group that cannot be called "moderate."
- In 2016, the US State Department noted that "an excess of 40,000 total foreign fighters [that] have gone to the conflict [in Syria] from over 100 countries." Can it even be called a civil war? Sounds more like an invasion.
- Do I have to remind you of the catastrophes that resulted from the invasions of Iraq and Libya? ISIS started in the vacuum of power left in the wake of Iraq's destruction and Libya now has bustling slave markets.
- Who is going to take over if Assad falls? Honestly who? Will it be a Jeffersonian democrat who will install a constitutional republic? Give me a break. It will be never-ending civil war, another strong man like Assad or, more likely, a bunch of head-chopping Jihadists. If we go to war in Syria, we're fighting for Al Qaeda. If we bomb Assad, we're acting as Al Qaeda's air force.
- Trump decided to end what I call the CIA's "Adopt a Jihadi" program in 2017 when he saw a video by several fighters for Nour al-Din al-Zenki, a group of moderate terrorists the CIA was supporting, cutting off a boy's head and laughing about it. Those are your moderates, folks.
- We shouldn't forget our insane policy under Obama (and Trump to a lesser degree) was best highlighted by this LA Times headline; "In Syria, militias armed by the Pentagon fight those armed by the CIA."
There are two not-insane policies in Syria. 1) Go home, this is not our fight. And 2) Smash ISIS into the dirt and then come home. Trump did the second and now we're basically done. ISIS is all but defeated. It's time to come home Donald.
Everything else is cuckoo for cocoa puffs... which is why the Washington establishment that dreamt up "weapons of mass destruction" lie is so universally in favor of it. But one man wasn't. Let's hope he doesn't get dupped by the neocons:
"Every day is a new life to the wise man."
The Righteous Mind
Star Slate Codex
Consulting by RPM